5.24.2011

Bon Voyage

Hello, all. An insane amount of time has elapsed since I’ve written on here. Yes, it’s a bit embarrassing. A little more than fashionably late. Perhaps I forgot my password to my blogger account? Of course not! No true blogonista would ever do such a thing! Imagine a frustrated girl, glasses and hair askew, receiving about a hundred invalid login attempts.

Graduation is just around the corner! Only a heinous calculus exam stands between me and my precious freedom. My cap and gown are hanging neatly in the hall closet; my yearbook is scrawled with nostalgic tidbits; the white chocolate raspberry Chambord cake (insert French accent) has been ordered.

Some other news of interest: I AM LIVING IN EUROPE THIS SUMMER. My dad has a one year assignment in the Netherlands, specifically the Hague. I will be packing a suitcase of two and a half months worth of clothes, accessories, and shoes (God bless me). I am incredibly excited to venture out into a lovely landscape of chic cafes, shops, and theatres! An H&M will be in walking distance of our apartment, an extremely perilous prospect for my wallet.

 My dad equated the Hague to Disneyland. But then again, this might be because he is die-hard neat freak surrounded in a world of sleek, functional cubicles and Ikea-esque furnishings. I, on the other hand, am messy a mini Tasmanian devil. I have three friends coming to visit so I must do extensive research on all the ins and outs of the Netherlands! Until I can get some real pictures, here is a taste of my future home:



 

No comments:

Post a Comment