2.01.2011

Cruise Control.

Yes, yes may I state the obvious: I need a vacation. I feel like I’m barely slipping by the tedium with a weekly dose of Millionaire Match Maker reruns. At least I can relish in my nonexistent romantic life with the security of knowing that there are still a handful of Ed Hardy loving-tanning-obsessed-my-hair-dresser-serves-dually-as-my-psychologist/psychiatrist single women out there and, I still have time. It’s not completely hopeless.

All I have been telling my friends about is my imaginary cruise trip to the Bahamas and the plot of the last four seasons of Ugly Betty. In the episode “Bahamas Triangle,” Betty flies to the Bahamas to work for Wilhelmina and rekindles her love for her boss, and ex, Matt.* In retrospect, I have been nothing but a human IMDB. I love that show with my whole heart. I’m not going to lie to you; I did shamelessly blubber under my blanket when the last episode ended. This was my daily addiction for the last three months (more about this later).

The stream of questions running through my mind: When can I lounge around sipping a pina colada (complete with dollar-store umbrella) during “Island Time?” Where will I get the funds for this personal mandate of relaxation?  Why haven’t I been graced with a free vacation from a 4:00 am infomercial? Why did Ugly Betty have to end?
None of these inquiries have had an answer and have been met with a tinge of irritation from my perpetual paradise talk.

While I was pseudo-planning my vacation through RoyalCarribean.com, I stumbled upon Christian Dior’s Cruise 2011 Collection. Brilliance. FINALLY someone understands the appeal of a getaway (thank you, John Galliano).

A light wash of pastels, delicate ruffles and bows, and matching handbags give the collection a whimsical and windswept charm. The coordinating purses and 1960s-esque bouffant emit a vintage Parisian undertone. The soft palette of sage, coral, lilac, and bubble gum pink add a flirty touch to the chiffons and tulle.






My visions of lush aqua waters might not be in the near future, but at least Betty and Dior have my back!

*Watch the show. You’ll be addicted, too.

1 comment:

  1. You write so accurately (Ed Hardy loving single woman bit), haha I love it! Notify me when you finally got the $$ to go on the cruise I will go with you :)P.S. you should introduce me to the glorious world of Ugly Betty!

    ReplyDelete