9.19.2010

No garlic needed.

This is more of a glog (gush blog) than a true post today.
Yes, I’m veering off into my personal life. But, I should. This topic deserves its own praise.

IN 18 DAYS I WILL BE SEEING VAMPIRE WEEKEND IN CONCERT.

This was the fruit of many efforts, including memorizing all the lyrics to California English from habitual listening and telling my mom to take the ticket money out of my savings account. I can’t deny that I got a rush of teenage hormonal excitement when I zapped the CONFIRM button on the online ticket. Because I totally did.

I never like all the songs an album puts out. But since the first day of last summer, I can easily say that Vampire Weekend has been my counterexample! Their album is my sleep playlist; I’ve even had dreams of being their back-up dancers. You could imagine my sheer disappointment when I realize that I’m not jamming to Mansard Roof but stuck in a cocoon of blankets with a I-have-sweaters-on-my-teeth feeling. Sigh.

There is a long list of exactly why I am so excited. Maybe it’s the sick instrumentals, their understated prep vibe, or their degrees from Columbia. Not to mention their deliciously infectious lyrics and array of sunglasses. It’s a combination of all it. Plus, lead singer Ezra Koenig doesn’t hurt (and that’s a definite understatement!)


You can’t call something like that hot. It’s just not appropriate. Haute is suitable. Beautiful. Gorgeous. ______ (any adjective your heart desires!)

But I can’t just mention Ezra. Rostam Batmanglij (keyboardist), Chris Baio (bassist), and Chris Thomson (drummer) are all super-talented. I also love Discovery, Rostam’s experimental electronic group (check out So Insane and Swing Tree). Baio is also a DJ. Lawd knows how many late nights I have spent tweet-stalking them. It’s a hardcore obsession, folks.
  

In a nutshell, these guys are brilliant. If you haven’t heard their latest album, Contra, I highly suggest you purchase it or snag a copy from a friend. You won't be disappointed.

7 comments:

  1. love, love, love vampire weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so excited. so excited. so excited.

    EZRA IS HAAAUUUTE

    ReplyDelete
  3. you should burn me a cd!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are the sweetest and most adorable person ever! Thank you so much for ze muzique!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww thanks Sewell!! I am so glad you like it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG I FREAKING LOVE THEM! Have fun! I want more posts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE THEM!
    guess what?!
    the day after tomorrow we will be going! woohoo!

    ReplyDelete